In India 37.1% of the youth are in the labour force, while the participation rate of men is 57.1% women have only 12.7%. 3 out of every 4 women in India do not take part in any recognized economic activity. Raising women participation in the workforce can boost India’s GDP by 27 per cent.
PURE India Trust strongly believes that we must put in our best and honest efforts in empowering women belonging from marginalized communities. We envision a future marked with community participation and active interventions.
The aim of Parinati is to develop women leaders by providing them leadership skills, financial literacy, skill development and scholarships for further education.
About the program
PURE India Trust currently helps 60 girls enrolled in this programme who are students. Regular workshops such as art and crafts activities, village awareness initiatives, medical camps and guest lectures are conducted by our team at our various centers.
The project is being implemented in two villages in the Bassi block of Jaipur, and each of the project centers selected 30 girls from the villages on the basis of the following criteria:
- Their ages range from 15 to 21
- They come from low socioeconomic backgrounds
- They are enrolled in school or college, including dropouts
- Both single and married girls have been included
Through intensive training sessions, workshops, hands-on community projects linked to each module, and leadership training and exposure visits, the program is implemented. There are several modules including:
- Team building, self-awareness, and confidence
- Village socio-demographic ecosystem
- Physical and nutritional well-being including reproductive & sexual health
- Education, learning and training
- Village economy and opportunities
- Social and cultural systems
- Governmental schemes and policies
Besides offering counseling sessions, the center also helps women by arranging for employment opportunities, computer classes, English speaking classes, celebrations of important days, and similar activities. Our Parinati centers also encourage village women to organize Self-Help Groups to develop their saving habits. Expert resource persons are invited to participate in the group discussions so that the girls are able to learn directly from them about a variety of topics. We organize road shows & street plays in the village to create awareness related to women and the village people. We also provide a platform for girls to learn and develop their skills during the week.
- Akhaipura, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Bassi, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Kishanpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan