(PURE India Trust is an Implementation Partner of Ekakanya Foundation)
The Origin of this idea by Dr Chandana Bhattacharya, who is well known demographer by profession has found need to provide effective interventions within rural communities, bringing about change to combat the challenges faced by young girls and women is the dream of this foundation.
Our project is supported by a deep understanding of the areas and varying cultures, allowing us to transform the lives of girls through educational empowerment and attitudinal changes. In our quest to create a platform for girls to attain education both practical and academic, break cultural notions, norms and explore opportunities, we envision a future marked with community participation and active interventions.
Project ‘Parinati’ was created with the vision of giving girls the opportunity to evolve as change leaders by employing a positive influence in their lives and communities. A number of villages in hamlet of Kachaulia Panchayat, Bassi Block in Jaipur, Rajasthan are part of the project which shares the common objective to instill transformation and work on the deeply entrenched gendered social norms around girls. We also aspire to enable them to lead fulfilling lives through interventions such as: Providing scholarships for higher education Preparing the girls to negotiate with their parents for career of own choice for better future Engaging girls and women to learn, work and participate productively in their community Mentoring young girls to be leaders of change Increasing awareness on Government schemes and policies relevant to rural communities Providing Exposure visits to learn about various life skills and build confidence
The project is running in two villages of Bassi block in Jaipur and each project center selected 30 girls from the villages based on the below mentioned criterion:
- They are between the ages of 15 to 21 years
- They belong to families from low socio economic backgrounds
- They are enrolled in school or college, including dropouts
- Both single and married girls have been included
The program is implemented through intensive training sessions, workshops, hands on community projects linked to each module, open individual bank accounts, leadership training and exposure visits.
Parinati Centers at Kishanpura & Akhaipura, Bassi
- Parinati 1 Project was started by selecting 30 girls from Kishanpura villages in year 2017 and this project was completed by July 2019. Parinati 2 center was initiated in Aug’ 2019 at Akhaipura villages to empower girls of the village by empowering them through Education Scholarships, Personality Development workshops, skill development and other related exposure visits. Various exposure visits are organized to Hospital, Hotel, Agriculture farms, Police station, court, Banks and other related places as part of confidence building.
At the center we also try to help women in arranging various kinds of counseling sessions, career guidance, Employment opportunities, Computer & English speaking classes, Important days celebration and other related activities for the girls