In villages, women entrepreneurship is unimaginable even after 70 years of independence. Largely, women are dependent on a male member of their family. This means that most women in villages don’t have an earning or maintain a separate bank account even if they earn money as daily wage laborers. Money earned by women is collected by a male member of the family and largely they only decide how to use that money. This means that women participation in the decision making within a family structure is none to minimal and are considered a vulnerable and economically weak community.
What we are offering:
We are developing Women Entrepreneurship in the villages by supporting women to start a small business of their own choice and in their own villages. Currently, we are supporting 10 women from 8 villages in Noida district in Uttar Pradesh (UP) by helping them start their businesses. We provide the initial 70% non-refundable investment and remaining money must be put in by the women. Our objective is to ensure the women earn INR 8000-10000 per month within the first year of business.
- Finalise list of villages in consultation with CSR partner
- Mobilise & distribute pamphlets in villages to invite applications
- An independent panel will interview and select 1-2 women from every village
- Provide one-day basic business motivation training to selected women
- Mentor women and monitor business growth, identify opportunities, challenges
- Conduct first business review 4 months after the start of business
- Provide the second phase of training after 6 months for Cross-skill & Up-Skill in business
- Conduct second business review after 10th months of the start of business.
- Organize a ceremony and recognize the best entrepreneurs and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities of women entrepreneurs
- An arrangement of space, furniture, shelf etc. to start the business in their own village
- An arrangement of 30% of initial investment for business set-up
- Utilities and other expenses
- Marketing, payment collection, order booking and maintaining day-to-day revenue & expenses statement
- Reporting of monthly business performance to PURE India for course correction and mentoring.
- Monthly activities to promote business.
Following activities are being organized in each village to boost the business of women and invite customers to purchase/take services from the women candidates:
- Medical Camp for women & Children – Gynecologist, Pediatric
- Women Hygiene awareness workshop
- Seminar on Financial Literacy in each village
- Student Career Guidance Awareness Program in schools
- Self Help Group Awareness Workshop
- Women recreational activities
Businesses opted for our women entrepreneurs
- Beauty Parlor
- Cosmetic shops
- Stationary shop
- Glossary shop
- Readymade garments
- shopsVegetable shop
On Oct 18, 2019, Women Entrepreneurship development is PURE India Trust’s key initiative and we have helped 32 women so far to set up their own businesses in their own villages. women are provided 10000 – 15000 Rs. grant, training, mentoring, business development support etc in their own villages so that they are able to earn respectable income from their businesses within their own villages and working based on their own time availability.