In India, Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009 was introduced to improve literacy level in India and ensure all children in the age group of 6 to 14 years has the right to free and compulsory education. Under the act, no child shall be held back, expelled or required to pass a board examination until the completion of elementary education.
Due to Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009, students reach up to 8th grade without any proper knowledge assessment. This means that most students may be weak in the educational foundation. As per the survey conducted at Govt schools, more than 70% of children are not able to read their textbooks, including those in classes 6-8
On the other hand, 69% of girl’s dropout from school after 5th /8th class in the villages due to many factors including “child marriage”.
What we are offering:
PURE India Trust started PURE HOME centers in Delhi in 2014 and we invited children of poorest of poor families and took the pre-admission test of all the students who come to our center. The pre-admission test is based on PURE India defined syllabus of elementary education level to ensure that all the students of same literacy level are admitted in the same group for study. We provide the following facilities at our center to all students for their holistic development:
• Strengthen the Educational Foundation of students of Grade 1 to 8
• Computer Education classes for all the students from grade 4th – 8th
• English Language using digital books for grade 6th -8th
• Special classes for drop out students of grade 8th to 10th grade
• Girl Education encouragement scholarship
• Girl Self Defense training & encouragement to participate in sports
• Scholarships to underprivileged meritorious students
• Extracurricular activities e.g. Sports, Yoga, Dance, GK Quiz, Art, Panting, Marshal-art, personality Development, Stage performance, public speaking session etc.
• Half yearly educational tour to provide exposure of outside world
• Regular Health check camp & Hygiene awareness session
• Monthly Birthday celebration of all the students
• Parental Teachers meetings to create awareness about the importance of education
• Students career mentoring sessions for students above 8th grade