Education for Everyone
In India, Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009 was introduced to improve literacy level in India and ensure all children in the age group of 6 to 14 years have the right to free and compulsory education. Under the act, no child shall be held back, expelled or required to pass a board examination until the completion of elementary education.
Due to Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009, students reach up to 8th grade without any proper knowledge assessment. This means that most students may be weak in the educational foundation and they can’t read and write properly. As per the survey conducted at Govt schools, more than 70% of children are not able to read their textbooks, including those in classes 6-8. On the other hand more than 60% of girl’s dropout from school after 5th /8th class in the villages due to many factors e.g. Economic condition of family, High school not available in village, daily house hold work, child marriage etc.
PURE India Trust started its first PATHSHALA,an informal education center at Asola, Delhi in May 2014 to support children of poorest of poor families and by the end 2019-20 FY we have started 5 such Pathshala centers mentioned below
- Asola, Chhattarpur, Delhi,
- Bakthawarpur, Noida, UP
- Mansarovar, Jaipur, Raj
- Manoharpura, Karauli, Raj.
- Kishanpura, Bassi, Jaipur, Raj.
At our centers we take admission of children who are either studying in Govt schools or not going to a regular school. To check the level of reading & writing capability of students, we take verbal pre-admission test of all the children who come to our center and we put them into the classes based on their level of current understanding irrespective of their grade in their regular schools. The pre-admission test is designed based on syllabus of elementary education to ensure that all the students of same literacy level are admitted in the same group for study. We provide the following facilities at our center for their holistic development:
- Strengthen the Educational Foundation of students by conducting regular Science, Maths, English & other syllabus classes by expert teachers
- Computer classes for all the students of 4th grade and above
- English learning using English helper software
- Extra classes for drop out or non-school going students
- Scholarship for higher education for underprivileged meritorious students
- Extracurricular activities e.g. Sports, Yoga, Dance, GK Quiz, Art, Panting, Marshal-art,
- Life Skill trainings e.g. Personality Development, Stage performance, public speaking session etc.
- Career Exposure visits to various institutions e.g. Police station, court, Hotel, Universities, Hospital, Govt offices etc.
- Learning tour to various places
- Career Guidance & awareness session
- Celebration of special days like Birthdays, festivals etc.