Asola Center, Delhi
Pathshala program is running at Asola, Delhi Center since May 2015. We have identified a large number of families migrated from villages to Delhi as a daily wage labour and living in nearby areas and we also found that the children are not able to get into regular school as soon as they come to Delhi due to various reasons and their attendance is very poor in their respective school. We started this center to provide support to such families and focus on strengthening Educational foundation of these children. We organize below activities for holistic development:
- Educational Classes for 1-8 grade students
- Computer Shiksha for 4-8 grade students
- English Learning lab for 6-8 grade students
- Computer classes to youth looking for employment
- Tailoring classes for women who want earn from tailoring skills
- Scholarships for higher education(10th grade & above)
- Talent encouragement in Sports, Cultural, Art, Music, Yoga etc.
- Open Schools Exam for drop out students (10th grade & above)
- Book Libraries for Learning & development in villages
- Provide uniform, Bag, Shoes, Stationeries, Sports kit etc.
- Student Career Mentoring by domain experts (8th grade & above)
- Special classes: Science, Innovations, medical workshop etc.
- Students are scoring good marks in their school study
- Many of our students are recognized at state & national level
- Some of our students are inspiration for many other students in sports, yoga, art and other fields
- Our pass out students get employment or became teacher to run our center too
- Students are adopting higher education option than dropout
- Students are getting scholarships and many donated items at center
- Sold 9000+ vegetable carry bags to provide employment to local women