Adopt a School
The objective of Adopt a School program is to strengthen Government schools that are providing formal education in rural areas in India. These schools provide full time schooling for children with the syllabus prescribed by the government. We select the schools which are neglected by local communities and government officials and we invite corporate partners to support the school to improve the facilities. The children attending these schools come from low socio-economic backgrounds. The goal of this program is to increase the student enrolment & retention rate, incorporate good teaching and learning techniques in government schools and ensure that the education that the children receive is effective.
Under this program donor can adopt a govt school to improve Education & infrastructure facilities and increase number of students in the school. It takes few Lakh rupees to adopt a school however this amount would vary depending on the current status of the school and this program can be of 2-3 year duration.
Following are some of the developments activities can be done under adopt a school program:
- Student Career guidance & Mentoring workshops
- English learning Software implementation
- Sports Coach, Subject Teachers for Schools
- Scholarships for higher Education
- Life Skill training & workshops etc
- School walls Coloring & Repair
- Roof Water proofing & civil work
- Toilet repair & maintenance
- Sanitary napkin disposal Incinerators installation
- Green & White Board installation in Class rooms
- Uniform, School Furniture, Elmira, Ceiling Fan etc.
- School Bags & Stationary distribution
- Computers & STEM Lab Set up
- CCTV, RO & Water cooler installation
- Sports Kits – Badminton, Volleyball, Net, Football etc.
PURE India Trust has been supporting following schools to improve Education & infrastructure facilities:
- GovtSr Sec School, Bhorakalan, Gurgaon, HR
- GovtSr Sec School, Kalwara, Jaipur, Raj
- Govt Middle School, Manoharpura, Karauli, Raj
- Govt ZP Middle school, Shirdhon, Satara, MH